Pages

Monday, September 13, 2010

How to become an expert

... on a curious and rather particular subject - Some of you will remember how I came to transform my personal interest in the grotesques (grottesche, Grottesken), that weird form of Renaissance ornament, into a somewhat scholarly book. Thanks to an open-minded publisher (and an investment on my part, called "print subsidy"), Metamorphosed Margins was published in 2008 and has since entered many more a library (art history section) than expected, including, to my delight, the Frick Collection, the Metropolitan Museum in New York and the Hertziana in Rome.

Who might have taken it out to read is quite another matter, of course - but why be pedantic (or impatient)? Nonetheless, coming across the book being cited in the appropriate wikipedia entry gave me a pleasurable kick.

No comments: