Pages

Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Music makes the world go round


Those high notes, jingles, beepy jumps up the scale, they get me every time - be it a disco song or a symphony (listening to Bruckner's 3rd just now). Is this genetic, Pavlovian conditioning perhaps? Whatever.

MGMT, or Management, a band of two young men plus entourage have touched upon my high note g-spot with their song "Electric Feel".  It's a psychedelic tune, with some depth (you know, not this flattish synthesizer sound), upbeat, dancy. For some reason, I imagine MGMT is on the verge, creating a singular sound, they'll experiment more and do good stuff.

On another note, Jorge Ben's "Take it easy, my brother Charlie" played on the radio a few weeks ago and struck me. Never heard of the musician before, ordered a CD, which finally reached me via the US or UK, thank the internet. Another kind of happy sound, Brazilian version, which I hope you enjoy.

Once in a while I do sit down and just listen to music, fervently, attentively, allowing myself to become enveloped with it. Wonderful.

No comments: